Argle links Logs MUME Players Profiles
ElvenRunes Logo
Fixing Tharbad (pt. 1) (Adams)comments   back
(3766 hits. Posted 2012/06/07)
#### It had been years since I visited the chaotic city of Tharbad ####
#### Even as we approached I felt a different energy, something ####
#### about the city had changed.  The forces of my clan had subsided. ####
#### The Elves were powerful, their ways had spread and with ####
#### a daily shipment from Grey Havens the Elf Transportation ####
#### Security Administration (ETSA) was overstepping ####
#### At the same time the jewel hungry elves of Rivendell were ####
#### feeling price pressure from the increasing black market for jewels ####
#### based out of our southern outpost.  In response, Rivendell issued ####
#### a trade blockade on food stuffs to and from Tharbad in an attempt ####
#### to force the Chief into this Opalopoly.  Tragically, the local baker ####
#### was the real loser in this battle####
#### when I arrived at the Bakery I was quickly attacked by a local Assassin ####
#### thinking he was after my fancy armour I fled, only to find out ####
#### his real target was the BakerŐs pies! ####

#### Assassins killing for food! Something must be done, these elves must learn ##
#### Tharbad is not their puppet city.  We, citizens of Tharbad, will not stand ####
#### for their funny money politics any more!  Blood will run! ####  

*+ CW>
Approaching the North Gate of Tharbad
A beggar is here, asking for a few coins.
A sturdy pack horse is standing here.
Reefer the Tarkhnarb Orc (r) is standing here picking a lock.
A hungry warg stands here, sniffing around for flesh.

*+ CW>cha moo wimpy
Ok.

*+ CW>
Approaching the North Gate of Tharbad
A beggar is here, asking for a few coins.
A sturdy pack horse is standing here.
Reefer the Tarkhnarb Orc (r) is standing here picking a lock.
A hungry warg stands here, sniffing around for flesh.

*+ CW>
You are carrying:
a flask of orkish draught

*+ CW>reveal q
You begin to search...

You didn't find anyone.

*+ CW>
Reefer (r) skilfully picks the lock of the oakendoor.

*+ CW>
Reefer (r) opens the oakendoor.

Reefer (r) leaves east.
A hungry warg leaves east.

The oakendoor closes quietly.

*#~ CRW>
You are using:
<wielded>            a double edged eket (flawless)
<used as shield>     a staff inlaid with gems
<worn on head>       a fine chain mail coif (flawless)
<worn on body>       a fine chain mail hauberk (flawless)
<worn about body>    a forest green cloak (used)
<worn on arms>       a fine pair of chain mail sleeves (flawless)
<worn on hands>      a fine pair of chain mail gloves (flawless)
<worn on legs>       a fine pair of chain mail leggings (flawless)
<worn on feet>       a sturdy pair of soft leather boots (flawless)
<worn on wrist>      a keyring with a few keys and a set of lock picks
<worn on back>       a leather backpack
<worn as belt>       a plain leather belt
<worn on belt>       a lantern; it is lit

#### Snip to inside the city ####

*#~ CRW>
Approaching the North Gate of Tharbad
A beggar is here, asking for a few coins.
*an Elf* is here searching for tracks, riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle flies high above looking for prey.
Exits: =north=, [east], south.
The clouds begin to disappear.

*+ CRW>OB: 38%, DB: 50%, PB: 42%, Armour: 81%. Wimpy: 5. Mood: wimpy.
Needed: 839,786 xp, 0 tp. Gold: 3. Alert: normal.
Affected by:
- novoid
- noquit
- shield
- armour
- stored spell earthquake
- stored spell earthquake
- stored spell earthquake
- stored spell earthquake

*+ CRW>cast 'lightning bolt' *elf
You start to concentrate...
Your victim has disappeared!
*an Elf* leaves north riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle leaves north.

*+ CRW>
You stop riding a pack horse.
A pack horse starts following you.

*+ CW>open exit
Ok.

*+ CW>
Inside a Small Stone Building
Reefer the Tarkhnarb Orc (r) is standing here watching the road.
A hungry warg stands here, sniffing around for flesh.
Exits: (west).
A pack horse has arrived from the west.

*[ CW>close exit w
Ok.

*[ CW>
The exit west seems to blur for a while.

*[ CW>Ok.

*[ CW>
*an Elf* yells from the west 'oh'

*[ CW>
The evil power begins to regress...
The last ray of light fades, and all is swallowed up in darkness.

![ CW>
*an Elf* yells from the west 'but i'm alone'

![ CW>
Inside a Small Stone Building
Reefer the Tarkhnarb Orc (r) is standing here watching the road.
A hungry warg stands here, sniffing around for flesh.
A sturdy pack horse is standing here.

![ CW>
You sit down and rest your tired bones.

![ CW>Ok.

![ CW>
Inside a Small Stone Building
Reefer the Tarkhnarb Orc (r) is standing here watching the road.
A hungry warg stands here, sniffing around for flesh.
A sturdy pack horse is standing here.

![ CW>
*an Elf* yells from the west 'you have 2 hitters heh'

#### I had only one, but there was another torc around a tick or so past ####
#### so I understood his confusion.  The Elves had not gained such power ####
#### by being sloppy, no this Elf would not enter this buildingÉ lets plan ####

![ CW>Ok.

![ CW>Players in your zone
--------------------
Adams                - Inside a Small Stone Building
Reefer               - Inside a Small Stone Building


![ CW>
Reefer (r) tries to bash the oakendoor.

![ CW>
You stop resting, and stand up.

![ CW>
You start watching the road.

![ CW>
Reefer (r) tries to bash the oakendoor.

![ CW>
Reefer (r) tries to bash the oakendoor.
The oakendoor gave away under the pressure.

![ CW>open exit w
Ok.

![ CW>
You stop watching the road.
You flee head over heels.
You flee west.
Approaching the North Gate of Tharbad
A beggar is here, asking for a few coins.
Exits: =north=, (east), south.

!+ CW>
You carefully examine the ground around you, looking for tracks...

You see:
   - a track of a Man coming from the east done less than 1 hour ago
   - a track of a warhorse leading south done less than 1 hour ago
   - a track of a pack horse leading east done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of a Man leading east done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of a warhorse leading north done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of a pack horse leading south done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of a Man leading south done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of a hungry warg leading east done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of an Orc leading east done less than 2 hours ago
   - a track of a hungry warg leading north done less than 4 hours ago
   - a track of a pack horse leading north done less than 4 hours ago
   - a track of an Orc coming from the north done less than 4 hours ago
   - a track of a Man coming from the north done less than 4 hours ago
   - a track of an Orc leading north done less than 4 hours ago
   - a track of a Man leading north done less than 4 hours ago
   - a track of a Man coming from the south done less than 8 hours ago
   - four tracks of *an Elf* coming from the north done less than 8 hours ago
   - a track of a warhorse leading east done less than 9 hours ago

You stop searching.

#### Snip I track it around Tharbad as a plan starts to develop in my mind ####
#### The elf must think he is winning.  He already thinks my plan is ####
#### Oakendoor, so I must have a plan that is not oakendoor ####
#### Basically I want this to look like me luring Elf to Oakendoor ####
#### hoping he will try to keep me separated from Reefer ####

!#~ CW>
The Waiting Room
*an Elf* is standing here.
A large warhorse is standing here, clad in mail.
A mother eagle flies high above looking for prey.
Exits: (north), (south), west.

!# CW>
The Inner Yard
A well-crafted white fountain is here, water pouring forth from it.
Exits: east, south.
*an Elf* has arrived from the east.
A warhorse has arrived from the east.
A mother eagle has arrived from the east.
A mother eagle barely hits your right foot and tickles it.

!#~ CW HP:Fine a mother eagle:Healthy>
A warhorse stops following *an Elf*.
*an Elf* picks up a warhorse's reins, and starts riding him.

!#~ CW HP:Fine a mother eagle:Healthy>
You flee head over heels.
You flee east.
The Waiting Room
Exits: (north), (south), west.

!# CW HP:Fine>
The Inner Yard
A well-crafted white fountain is here, water pouring forth from it.
*an Elf* is standing here.
A large warhorse is standing here, clad in mail.
A mother eagle flies high above looking for prey.
Exits: east, south.
*an Elf* leaves east.
A warhorse leaves east.
A mother eagle leaves east.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>Alas, you cannot go that way...

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* has arrived from the east.
A warhorse has arrived from the east.
A mother eagle has arrived from the east.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
You swiftly dodge *an Elf*'s attempt to smite you.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
A mother eagle barely hits your left leg and tickles it.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
You flee head over heels.
PANIC! You couldn't escape!

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
You flee head over heels.
You flee south.
Master Road
Exits: north, east, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Shadows' Street
Exits: north, east.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>Wimpy set to: 140

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Shadows' Street
Exits: north, south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Shadows' Street
Exits: north, south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Shadows' Street
Exits: east, south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>Wimpy set to: 50

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Shadows' Street
Exits: north, east, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Main Street
Exits: east, south, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Main Street
Exits: north, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* has arrived from the west riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle has arrived from the west.

#### Yes hunt me! ####

!#~ CW HP:Fine>Alas, you cannot go that way...

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* leaves north riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle leaves north.
cha moo wimpy
Ok.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Main Street
A little boy is here, running around.
*an Elf* is here, riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle flies high above looking for prey.
Exits: north, east, south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
On the Bridge
Exits: north, east, south, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Main Street
A little boy is here, running around.
Exits: north, south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* has arrived from the south riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle has arrived from the south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Main Street
One of the citizens of Tharbad looks at you from the corner of his eye.
Exits: north, south, west.
*an Elf* has arrived from the south riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle has arrived from the south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* tries to smite you, but your parry is successful.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>No way! You are fighting for your life!

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
You flee head over heels.
You flee south.
Main Street
A little boy is here, running around.
Exits: north, south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
Main Street
One of the citizens of Tharbad looks at you from the corner of his eye.
*an Elf* is here, riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle flies high above looking for prey.
Exits: north, south, west.
*an Elf* quickly approaches, trying to smite you.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>No way! You are fighting for your life!

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...
You flee head over heels.
You flee west.
Snake Alley
A guard is here looking for someone to abuse.
Exits: east, (south), west.

#### Yes fleeing I am, very paniced ####

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* has arrived from the east riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle has arrived from the east.

!#~ CW HP:Fine>
*an Elf* quickly approaches, trying to smite you.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...
No way! You are fighting for your life!

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>No way! You are fighting for your life!

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
An assassin leaves his hiding place.
An assassin tries to pierce you, but your parry is successful.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
A mother eagle barely hits your right leg and tickles it.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>PANIC! You can't quit the fight!

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
*an Elf* utters the words 'lightning bolt'
*an Elf* sends a powerful lightning bolt at you, you stagger from the impact.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
A guard leaves south.

!#~ CW HP:Fine *an Elf*:Fine>
You flee head over heels.
You flee west.
Snake Alley
Exits: north, east.

!#~ CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>
Snake Alley
The corpse of a bandit is lying here.
Exits: (east), south, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>
The Bakery
The corpse of a baker is lying here.
Exits: (west).
You feel a hidden presence.

!# CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>
Snake Alley
The corpse of a bandit is lying here.
Exits: (east), south, west.

!#~ CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>cha moo wimpy
Ok.

!#~ CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>118/141 hits, 132/132 mana, and 46/92 moves.

!#~ CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>
Eldr‰k narrates 'Allo' in Orkish.

!#~ CW HP:Fine Move:Tired>cast 'cure serious'
You start to concentrate...

You begin to see scars fade away and a feeling of health comes over you.

!#~ CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>cha moo wimpy
Ok.

!#~ CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
*an Elf* has arrived from the west riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle has arrived from the west.

!#~ CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
Snake Alley
The corpse of a bandit is lying here.
*an Elf* is here, riding a warhorse.
A mother eagle flies high above looking for prey.
*an Elf* dismounts from a warhorse, and stops riding him.
A warhorse now follows *an Elf*.

!#~ CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
You swiftly dodge *an Elf*'s attempt to smite you.

!#~ CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired *an Elf*:Fine>
*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...
You flee head over heels.
You flee east.
The Bakery
The corpse of a baker is lying here.
Exits: (west).
You feel a hidden presence.

#### Totally natural flee! ####

!# CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
*an Elf* has arrived from the west.
A warhorse has arrived from the west.
A mother eagle has arrived from the west.

!# CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
*an Elf* closes the door.

!# CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...

!# CW Mana:Burning Move:Tired>
An assassin leaves his hiding place.
An assassin barely pierces your left arm and tickles it.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Burning Move:Tired an assassin:Healthy>close exit
It's already closed!
You swiftly dodge a mother eagle's attempt to hit you.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Burning Move:Tired an assassin:Healthy>
*an Elf* utters the words 'block door'
The exit west seems to blur for a while.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Burning Move:Tired an assassin:Healthy>
*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Burning Move:Tired an assassin:Healthy>lock exit
*click*

#### Well the key didnŐt matter much I guess ####
#### Now time for the skill part :P ####

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Burning Move:Tired an assassin:Healthy>cast 'earthquake'
You quickly recall your stored spell...

An assassin barely pierces your right leg and tickles it.

*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...

A mother eagle barely hits your right foot and tickles it.

The earth trembles beneath your feet!
Some debris falls on you from above.
A warhorse says 'YRu wmllrukgrvtkthit, Blkcrr emhzokkaz!'

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Burning Move:Tired an assassin:Hurt>cast 'earthquake'
You quickly recall your stored spell...

*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...

The earth trembles beneath your feet!
Some debris falls on you from above.
*an Elf* barely smites your right hand and tickles it.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Hot Move:Tired an assassin:Wounded>cast 'earthquake'
You quickly recall your stored spell...

*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...
An assassin barely pierces your body and tickles it.

The earth trembles beneath your feet!
You receive your share of experience.
Good job!
You hear a warhorse's death cry as he collapses.
A warhorse is dead! R.I.P.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Hot Move:Tired an assassin:Awful>cast 'earthquake'
You quickly recall your stored spell...
*an Elf* begins some strange incantations...

The earth trembles beneath your feet!
You receive your share of experience.
**Yawn** Boring kill, wasn't it?
You hear an assassin's death cry as he collapses.
An assassin is dead! R.I.P.
*an Elf* is stunned and will probably die soon.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Warm Move:Tired *an Elf*:Awful>label dead
Ok.

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Warm Move:Tired *an Elf* (dead):Awful>cast 'magic missile' dead
You start to concentrate...

A mother eagle lightly hits your left hand.
You feel a sharp pain there!
Aye! You cannot concentrate any more...

!# CW HP:Fine Mana:Warm Move:Tired *an Elf* (dead):Awful>
You pierce *an Elf* (dead)'s right arm extremely hard and shatter it.
You feel more experienced.
Congratulations! This is the first time you've killed it!
You gained some renown in this battle!
You hear *an Elf* (dead)'s death cry as he collapses.
*an Elf* (dead) has drawn his last breath! R.I.P.
A shadow slowly rises above the corpse of *an Elf* (dead).
You feel less protected.
A mother eagle lightly hits your right foot and tickles it.

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle:Wounded>label dead
Ok.

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle (dead):Wounded>cast 'lightning bolt' dead
You start to concentrate...

A mother eagle (dead) lightly hits your head and tickles it.
Aye! You cannot concentrate any more...

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle (dead):Wounded>cast 'lightning bolt' dead
You start to concentrate...

Ok.
The lightning bolt hits a mother eagle (dead) with full impact.

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle (dead):Bad>cast 'lightning bolt' dead
You start to concentrate...

A mother eagle (dead) lightly hits your left arm.
Aye! You cannot concentrate any more...

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle (dead):Bad>cast 'lightning bolt' dead
You start to concentrate...

Ok.
The lightning bolt hits a mother eagle (dead) with full impact.
A mother eagle (dead) is stunned and will probably die soon.

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle (dead):Awful>cast 'lightning bolt' dead
You start to concentrate...

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired a mother eagle (dead):Awful>
You pierce a mother eagle (dead)'s tail extremely hard and shatter it.
You receive your share of experience.
Good job!
You hear a mother eagle (dead)'s death cry as she collapses.
A mother eagle (dead) is dead! R.I.P.

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm Move:Tired>OB: 38%, DB: 50%, PB: 42%, Armour: 63%. Wimpy: 50. Mood: wimpy.
Needed: 721,872 xp, 0 tp. Gold: 3. Alert: normal.
Affected by:
- novoid
- a light wound at the left hand (clean)
- panic
- noquit
- shield

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm>
Cindy tells the group 'mana cold'

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm>
The Bakery
The corpse of a mother eagle is lying here.
The corpse of *an Elf* is lying here.
The corpse of an assassin is lying here.
The corpse of a warhorse is lying here.
The corpse of a baker is lying here.
The shadow of *an Elf* is floating here.

!# CW HP:Hurt Mana:Warm>corpse (here) : 
a pile of coins
a lantern
a water skin
an orange leather belt
a reinforced oak staff
a keyring
a leather backpack
a forest green cloak (flawless)
a metal buckler (flawless)
a fine pair of chain mail sleeves (flawless)
a fine pair of chain mail gloves (flawless)
a fine pair of metal boots (flawless)
a fine pair of chain mail leggings (flawless)
a fine chain mail coif (flawless)
a fine chain mail hauberk (flawless)
a bastard sword (flawless)


   1,  1%,  #Helmer                   

Semele says 'no matter how much wood you put in it it doesn't get bigger'

#### MY CITY! ####

 Very nice, I would like to see this log in the 'notables' section! 


2012/06/08 08:11, Breaux: 
Nice. you take down a wounded mother eagle in 2 bolts -- that's un-bnlike behaviour.

2012/06/08 10:46, Ortansia:   
Quick and clean :), well done!

2012/06/08 13:03, Rhaerys:   
Did Helmer's armor drop on the first quake or does he just have really low con? Three quakes and two debris to incap seems pretty easy considering he's level 53... Also, curious if he got LoS on any of his nukes. Nice trap! :)

2012/06/08 14:16, Adams: 
he didn't go incap until the 4th quake, but I would agree something less than fresh armour as I have died trying to do this more often than it has succeeded :P

2012/06/08 15:14, Drogtash: 
Neat. You can't tell how many debris Helmer ate, if Adams ate 2 debris doesn't mean that Helmer also did. Could just aswell be 0 or 4.

2012/06/08 16:26, Rhaerys:   
Ahh fair points. I seem to have mis-counted quakes and didn't know that debris is character-specific.


top
 


 Commenting Rules:
  • we do not tolerate fake or anonymous character names!
  • use a valid MUME character name
  • offensive (sexual, racist, personal, ...) remarks will be punished
  • do not post information, which you got from MUME immortal-boards
  • comment in English only!


  • Character-Name:   anonymous-flag (don't link profile)  


    Advice:  Let the above textbox do the line-wrapping and do only use Return/Newline to end or start a new paragraph. That way your comments will look nice! If you use long text-strings without spaces ( >50 characters), they will be cut to a decent size and info will get lost.
    show without filters    back